Alpine Alfisti Awards
'Spirit of the Tour' trophy
The 'Spirit of the Tour' trophy is a perpetual award, commemorating Peter Doig and the key role that he played in the development and running of the original "Le Tour de North East" in 2010, organised by Paul Edwards and the Alpine Chapter.
In late 2015 the Alpine Alfisti Association assumed responsibility for organising and hosting these popular and well attended annual tours and continues the tradition of the award established by the Alpine Chapter.
The 'Spirit of the Tour' trophy is awarded during the Autumn Tour, to the crew that is deemed to have provided a significant contribution to the general enjoyment of the Tour.
"Spirit of the Tour" recipients
- 2013: Paul (Eldorado) - Red 75 TS   &
Byron (Canberra) - Silver 159 JTD Ti
- 2014: Martin (Canberra) - Black 159 V6 Q4
- 2015: Vince (Melbourne) - Silver Sorento!
- 2016: Phil & Trish (Sydney) - White V6 GT
- 2017: John & Robbie (Melbourne) - Red Giulietta QV
- 2018: Andrew & Andrea (Canberra) - Red 33 P4
- 2019: Peter & Dolly (Ballarat) - Cosmo Blue 156 V6
Award recipient(s) are selected by a panel comprising the Tour organisers and, if available, the previous award recipient(s).